What causes swelling in the lower legs?

Right lower leg has felt “heavy” , kind of a “full” sensation with mild swelling for longer than 3 months, has NO pitting edema, redness, tenderness or pain localized to a certain area. Causes mild difficulty with ambulation after extended periods of being on my feet or over exertion. No issues with left lower extremity. Primary care doc states size difference could be d/t right side dominance, however that doesn’t explain odd sensation in extremity that used to be intermittent but is continuous now. Wondering what could be the cause? No history of injury
Sat, 14 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Full sensation may due to neuropathy or reflux sympathetic dystrophy or varicose veins or deep vein thrombosis etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Need to consult your physician/neurophysician they will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.