What causes swelling in the leg and severe pain in the knee?

my. Leg is swollen and knee severe pain. I take oxycodone but I am out because the person at the pain clinic says I need to train my brain so that I dont really have pain. The most pills I take in a day is maybe 3, im 75 years old and not a drug addit.
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It seems you are having osteo-arthritis pain. Swelling of joints are inflammatory. Oxycodone is an opiod drug and essentially analgesic. NSAIDs will help in reducing pain as well as swelling .

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D.
Mumbai