What causes swelling in the feet after taking potassium supplement pills?

I went to the drs office last Friday, 1/12/18 and had some blood work done. My potassium showed 3.5 so they called in potassium pills. I ve been taking one pill, twice a day. Today the tops of both feet are swollen. Can that mean my potassium has gotten worse??
Mon, 5 Mar 2018

I do not think that you need potassium tablets at level of 3.5. As 3.5 to 5 is normal range and 2 tablets are 3.5 are too much. I will suggest you to stop tablets and recheck potassium level after a week.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Varinder Joshi