Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What causes swelling in the abdominal region ? How can it be treated ?

Hi! The right side near my belly button is a little bigger than my left. It is not noticeable to other people since they can t see it from the top like i could. but i could definitely see the difference. Also a little below my rib cage, the left side is bigger than the right. I ve searched on the internet the possible causes for this but everything seems to lead to pregnancy . I can t be. Since I have been having my periods (in fact, I just had it last week), and I had an ultrasound yesterday, which also said that I was not. Pregnancy test also said negative. Sometimes I also have pains that come and go in those areas which i said were bigger. Also, sometimes my back hurts.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello There..
Welcome to healthcare magic forum..
You said you have got a ultrasound done??Did it show anything abnormal??
I think if there were any pathology than ultrasound would be able to pick it up..
I would suggest you to consult a surgeon who would be able to guide you properly.
Hope this helps..
Take care..
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
the only thing the doctor said was that my uterus was inverted. nothing else. no masses or enlargement.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
sorry.. i meant retroverted. my uterus is retroverted. according to the doctor.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor