What causes sudden locking of jaw?

my husdand hit his head 1 week ago afo the weekend he went to a dermatologist. he cleaned it well and put 8 stiches. he gave himan antibiotic called ADOXA he has benn on it since then. today he had a type of lockjaw first he could not open his mouth and then once he could just alittle bit later he could not close his mouth. i do not know if this is from the injury , the inibiotic or niether????? please respond kimgiroir@ WWW.WWWW.WW
Tue, 26 Aug 2014
Dentist 's  Response
Dear User,

Thanks for using health care magic.

Adoxa (doxycycline) is not associated with lock jaw side effect so that is ruled out.

For me it seems it is due to injury. In facial injury there may be partial dislocation of the jaw which resulted in lock jaw.
The fracture or dislocation of jaw can be diagnosed on X ray. At this moment I advice you to get X ray of face and report to dentist preferable maxilofacial surgeon.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks