What causes sudden blurred vision in one eye?

Tonight I had blurred vision in one eye; discovered the blurred eye s pupil was di lated compared to the other. What does this mean? should I see an eye doctor or general physician? Feels like some pressure in that eye, as well. Has been a couple of hours now from onset.
Mon, 30 Jul 2018
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I would advise you to see an ophthalmologist quickly . It could be an optic nerve i.e. the nerve which connects the eye to the brain involvement and this needs urgent attention. pupil also gets affected in such conditions . color vision is one thing which gets affected too.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.