My 2 year old (3 next month) was given morphine in error (Dr had prescribed an antibiotic for tonsilitus and pharmacy read prescription wrong). He was taken to hospital once we realised our mistake in administering. He had a fever of 103 and began vomiting so hospital kept him in overnight for observation as they were unsure if vomiting was morphine induced. He was discharged the following day.I noticed a slight discharge containing blood (amount of blood was too minimal to say he had a nose bleed) the following day. His nose has since been stuffed and he is unable to blow it at all. His nasal discharge when it does expel is hard and contains dry blood. Is this a result form the Morphine Sulphate and should we be concerned? He has been tired (Had to have a nap every day this wk - not like him at all) and a little tearful this week but generally is running around as normal. He is drinking loads and eating very well. Please advise, I am worrying despite the hospital assuring me that there would be no long term side effects from the 5ml dose he was given. Thank you in anticipation.