What causes stomach discomfort and diarrhea?

Over the past month or so, I have been experiencing stomach discomfort resulting in regular bowel movement followed by loose stools that last a day or two. This seems to happen every 7-10 days. I thought it was just a stomach virus but since it seems to be reoccurring, I'm not sure.
Thu, 31 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Sometime it can be from functional bowel problem. But still investigate with stool routine micro examination and occult blood test. If stool shows any abnormal result like pus cells, bacteria, parasite egg or if occult blood positive than inform me about that. Fruits and green leafy vegetables taken more. Avoid excess spicy foods. Consult physician for examination.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.