What causes stiff neck?

Hello Doctor. I am a 42 years old male. Since some time, I am facing a peculiar problem. After some time of using my laptop I feel very stiff neck. Now it remains for so many hours and recently I feel that this stiffness is existing every time. Can you suggest the reason and what should I do to correct it pls?
Thu, 29 Nov 2018

As a first line management you can take analgesics like paracetamol or aceclofenac for pain relief.

If symptoms persists you can consult an orthopaedician and plan for an MRI scan to rule out possibilities like cervical spondylitis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,