Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What causes stammering in front of unknown people ? How is this problem treated in children ?

i have problem of stammering from my childhood..nw i am of 18 years old...though i do not stammer among frnds but when a stranger or any teacher or unknown person interacts with me...i starts hammering very much..and as it is very insulting to me..i have reduced my interections with unknown people and teachers....but i want to live a normal life and want to speak fluenty like everyone does....SO I WANT to know is there any cure of stammering???? should i consult with any counsellors or psychiatricts??? plzzzz help me...m in need of seroius co-operaton..!!
Asked On : Thu, 24 Nov 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hello abhishek nandi...
Welcome to HCM...

as per ur query u r just suffering from lack of confidence...
u need to join some classes of that centers which influence ur confidence level...
there is nothing to worry....its very easy to solve...

wishes u gud health...
Answered: Wed, 30 Nov 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Stammering is a common problem and can be managed with dedication and persistence.Don't loose self confidence and self esteem.Consult a speech therapist.he will manage everything.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor