What causes stabbing pain above the knee that is lasting for few seconds?

Im getting shocking pain in the back of my leg just above my knee... it doesn t last long, maybe a 5-10 seconds. It just happening less than a week ago. Kind of feels like an electrical shock. Its It s weird, never felt anything like this ever.Whats wrong with me and is this a common problem?
Sat, 21 Sep 2019
It can be an arthritis or ligament injury.
As a first line management you can take analgesics like paracetamol or aceclofenac for pain relief.
if symptoms persist better to consult an orthopaedic and plan for an MRI scan.
Wishing all the best.
Thanks