What causes soreness and weakness in the arm?

hear a pop in the arm when lifting. at the time the arm got warm and actually felt good. Like I knock something loose that had been stuck for years. After a few days it was a bit soar then went away except when I move my arm certain ways. That was a couple years ago. Now I got back to the gym and while lifting I feel a stain when the arm is in specific positions. Not pain but soar, a little weaker maybe then it feels like it could be.
Mon, 20 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You may have injured your rotator cuff muscle while working which is causing you pain on certain activities. Rotator cuff muscles are four in number which are important structures leading to movement of shoulder joint. Diagnosis needs to confirmed by Ultrasound of involved shoulder though MRI is more sensitive and specific. Meanwhile avoid activities that leads to pain. Voltaren twice a day can be taken for pain relief. You may consult orthopedic surgeon nearby your area after report.

Hope I have answered your query.

Let me know if I can assist you further.