• question-icon

What causes sore throat?

I ve had a sore throat for six days now with no other symptoms other then feeling like I have mucus that needs to be hacked out of the sinus. As much as I tried it never moved from the sinus to the throat until today and it was pretty much solid blood.
Mon, 29 May 2017

I suggest you to consult an ENT specialist and get the following things done:-
(1)- Get a detailed examination of your nasal cavity to rule out polyps,deviated septum which can predispose to sinusitis.
(2)- A short course of antibiotics for five to seven days is needed.
(3)- Nasal decongestants like xylometazoline may be tried in case of blocked nostrils.
(4)- Antihistamines like levocetrezine can be tried for symptomatic relief.
(5)- You can try simple analgesics like ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain.
(6)-Do steam inhalation frequently to open up blocked sinuses.
(7)- Check your oral cavity for dental caries,If it is there correct the caries tooth which can cause recurrence.
(8)- Do gargling with antiseptic mouthwash
Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.
Dr.Shinas Hussain