What causes sore throat and red streaks in the back of the throat?

I have a severe sore throat with red streaks on the back of my throat. Swollen glands for over a week. I do not have tonsils. I feel dizzy and have been unable to eat much from pain and everything tastes bad. I am also having some lower abdominal pain and I feel super emotional. I am usually not an emotional person. Help
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You may be suffering from acute viral pharyngitis with altered taste due to viral infection. Also pharyngeal wall may cause congestion that leads to redness. Use salt water to gargling thrice a day for 5 days. Water vapour inhalation thrice a day for 5 days. Avoid cool drinks and chilled water. Avoid smoking and caffeine drinks. Use decongestant medication like Xylometazoline or Oxymetazoline. Use antihistamine like Chlorpheniramine or Levocetirizine. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu