Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What causes sore on gums and inner cheek?

I've been smoking for almost two years. I stopped recently because I began to develop a sore on my gums and inner cheek that felt like a burn. I am now noticing white patches where this sore is. I just bought a mouthwash with chlorohexidine from my dentist, but I didn't have a scheduled appointment at that time, so he never got a chance to look inside my mouth. What is this sore and what are the white patches and will they go away if I keep using the chlorohexidine mouthwash ?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Apr 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hello thanks for consulting at hcm,,if the burn on inside cheek is white and thick it could be leukoplakia, since u have smoking habit,, mouth wash will not cure this white patch,, u have to stop the habit of smoking and then take a course of antioxidants with the prescription of oral medicine/oral surgeon specialist,,plz consult asap for a check up and treatment..hope it helps,,tc
Answered: Fri, 11 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor