• question-icon

What causes sore gums after getting teeth cleaned?

Hello, yesterday I had my teeth professionally cleaned with ultrasound (it felt like something sharp was going underneath my gumline) and "sanding" - like fine sand solution and a powerful jet of water going everywhere. My gums hurt a lot now, and seem somewhat "shrunk". The oral hygienist said that I had quite a lot of pigment but no tartar, plague. or gum disease anywhere. Is the soreness of the gums normal? When will it pass? Is there anything I can do to make it pass quickly?
Wed, 2 Jul 2014
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query. The soreness of the gums will be there for one or two days following scaling since the instrumentation has been done. the scalers are inserted or passed below the gums to remove the debris along with a jet of water spray. Nothing to worry just do saline gargling 3times daily. i hope my answer will help you, take care.