What causes soft bowel movement and abdominal bloating?

I’ve had soft stools and a rumbly stomach for over a week. I thought it might be food poisoning. I’ve been drinking water to flush it out and eating bananas. It comes and goes. Sometimes I think it’s over and the rumbling in my stomach, almost like a hunger pain, comes back. I feel bloated and i’ve gained some weight. I even took Pepto bismol last week but that didn’t make my stools more solid. I don’t have diarrhea, but the stools are not solid either
Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Following measures can be taken to reduce bloating. Avoid excess spicy foods, avoid stress, avoid smoking, eat slowly. Do not take carbonated drinks, don't take excess fatty foods. Stool routine micro examination and occult blood test done as I am suspecting some infective etiology as well. After report if needed Metronidazole like antibiotic course or Rifaximin like drug can be prescribed. Consult gastroenterologist for examination.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.