What causes social anxiety?

An 18 year old female relative has fears of going outside, of crossing streets; she has no friends, neither girl friends nor boyfriends. She is extremely bright and a wonderful and sophisticated writer for her age. She is also extremely attached to her parents and her home. She was home-schooled until she started college. She has made no friends in college. When she does go out of the house, she needs someone to go with her. She now wants to stay with me while she takes a 3 month course. I want to help her, but I have no idea how.
Tue, 20 Feb 2018
Hello! Welcome to the health care magic
I have gone through your query and can understand that your relative has problem with mingling in society.

You can start her on antidepressants like escitalopram for her anxiety.

She has to take exposure therapy, means she need to get exposed to the situation where she feels anxious .

She need some relaxation therapy, and cognitive behavioural therapies.

Consult your doctor regarding these therapies.
Thank you.