What causes small red spot on glans penis?

A few days ago I've noticed a small red spot on the left side of my penis head. It doesn't cause any pain or anything and it isn't raised. It seems to be fading but after showers or any erections it gets red looking again. I have protected sex with my girlfriend frequently. Could this be some type of skin irration or maybe a broken capillary?
Tue, 10 Sep 2019

The mentioned red rash doesn't need to be specific problem of the glans penis. It can be due to some irritation of penis skin.

You can wear loose cotton underwear and avoid tight-fitting clothes. You can apply mild steroid cream over that.

Keep your genitals clean and dry. If no improvement then consults a nearby doctor for a detailed evaluation or post photo of the lesion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician