• question-icon

What causes small red bumps below the rib cage?

I injured my self two weeks ago on a mardi gras float when I lost my balance fell into the metal peg used to hold the throws. i hit the upper right quad of my abd below the ribs. I was a hideous dark purple the next day and it faded over the following two week until it was almost gone on Friday night. Saturday morning I woke up and noticed a hard know in the center of the area where the bruise had been that was the size of a small emglish pea. on Sunday morning I notices a few small red raised bumps over the same area. This morning there are several small raised red bumps over the previous bruised area and the bumps feel prickly (like if you a a splinter that was partially out). The skin around the bumps is pink but not hot and at times itches a little. Any ideas?
Thu, 20 Aug 2015
Hello, looks like you got a contact dermatitis...i would adv you to apply a mild steroid cream like desonide cream on the lesions twice daily, and take tab Levosiz 5 mg at bedtime for 5 days.
The lesions should resolve in this duration
In case you develop any other complaints, i would adv you to visit a dermatologist for evaluation.
Thanks