Looks like your friend had a deep cut and must have lost some amount of blood. These symptoms of tongue numbness
are not completely fine and means he might be having low blood pressure after losing some amount of blood due to the cut. These symptoms has nothing to do with stroke
in such a young patient although he does have RA.
Firstly, his blood pressure should be checked. Which is going to likely be lower then usual. If it is less then 90/60 then he needs to be taken to a hospital. Otherwise:
1) Lie him done on a bed with foot end raised so that more blood travels to his heart and then brain.
2) Check his blood pressure make sure it is above 90/60, better if around 120/80.
3) Give him plenty of fluids to drink especially ORS
sachet in 4 glass of water. If his color looks pale then do not give excessive fluids to drink. Take him to a hospital.
4) Properly bandage the wound and make sure it is no more bleeding. If it is bleeding then put pressure on it for few minutes. If the bleeding still doesn't stop after 10 to 15 minutes then visit a hospital.
5) Give him pain killers like paracetamol
which comes by the name of Panadol
500mg 2 tablets once after food. This could be taken three times daily after food if it improves pain.
I hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact us in writing if you have any further questions.
Dr. Talal Hussain, General & Family Physician