What causes sinus arrhythmia?

I am a 71 year old female. During pre-op test last week I had an an ekg. The report said that I had “sinus rythem with marked sinus arrhythmia.” There was no change since the last test which was in June 2015. What does this mean. Should I be worried?
Mon, 4 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Sinus arrhythmia means that your heart beat is not regular. However, to determine this we should not rely on one EKG only. Holter monitoring will monitor your heart beat for 24 hours and will register what's not normal.

So, nothing to worry for the moment until you get tested by cardiologist.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further queries.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shinas Hussain's  Response

The description is quite confusing and a misnomer. It would be better if you attach ECG along with.

Thanks.