What causes sharp pain in the eye?

I have been experiencing sharp pains that originate behind my eye, feel like a sharp ball is being pushed forward, then feels like it is pushed out from the corner of my eye, by my nose. This repeats every 10-15 minutes. I feel extra tears in my eye and down my nose/throat each time. The process takes about 1 minute, and happens in sets of two. Started in both eyes this morning, now only in my right eye.
Fri, 12 Apr 2019

The pain you explain seems like cluster headache which is a kind of a migraine headache. It is not dangerous but is very distressing due to being so intense. The best treatment for it is to inhale high concentration O2 through a mask for 20 minutes.
On the other hand it is best to have a visit with the doctor to confirm the diagnosis and make sure the eye is well and there is no eye related problem causing the symptoms so please see your doctor to be reassured.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj, General & Family Physician