What causes sharp pain in the armpit?

I have a sharp pain in my right arm pit. I feels like it is very deep in there, like muscle. My should is also sore, but I have had that for quite awhile and know that I will need to get it replaced. This pain is new and seems to worsen when I do a lot of movement with the arm and also feel some pulling pain in the neck. I have checked for lumps and due to an upcoming surgery a CBC had just been completed and all was normal.
Sat, 14 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Pain in the arm pit may be due to allergies, common cold,sweat gland infection , swollen lymph nodes, heart burn , breast cancer,pulled muscle,cysts , diabetes , shingles and inflammed hair follicles etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Use pain killer medication and physiotherapy. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.