What causes severe stomach ache and vomiting?

My 11 year old daughter just woke up with terrible stomach pains. Out of no where she came running and started vomiting pretty bad. The smell of rotten eggs was so bad I had to cover my mouth and nose with a towel just so I didn't start vomiting too. She also must have had extreme watery diarrhea cause she hadn't been aware that she went in her pants. She has been throwing up about an hour now about 5-6 times and had another diarrhea accident that she wasn't aware was coming. Any idea what's wrong with her?
Fri, 9 Feb 2018
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

I understand your concern. It seems like a food poisoning. Some advice that I can give you are:

1) Avoid food for the first few hours as your stomach settles down.
2) Drink water, broth, or an electrolyte solution, which will replace the minerals that you lose with vomiting and diarrhea.
3) Eat when you feel ready, but start with small amounts of bland, non-fatty foods such as toast, rice, and crackers.
4) Get plenty of rest.

If you don't get better, go to the emergency room for further medical help.

Hope my answer was helpful. If you have any other questions, Ill be glad to help.

Thank you for the query.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician