What causes severe pain on the left side while coughing or bending?

I felt a sharp pain in my side while bending into washing machine to remove clothes from the bottom, earlier today. It hurts now to cough, bend over, stand up and especially I rolled over onto my side while lying down in bed. It hurts on my left side and toward back from breast area.
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

There may be spasm of muscles of back lead to pain while bending and lifting heavy weight. You need to take rest, use pain killers ,ice or heat compression. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.