What causes severe pain in thighs and difficulty in walking?

I have terrible pain in my thighs and have difficulty walking. I have severe sharp pain. The pain level on average is a 7-8 and 10 when it is bad. Back in 2001 I broke my femurs and had tianium rods placed in my legs. Left leg had two breaks and right leg had one. Left leg pain is worse than right. Taking advil brings pain level to 3. I have been on Ibuprofen and advil on and off since the accident. I try not to take too much these days, but I am still plagued with the constant severe pain. It feels as if it is in both my bones and muscles. Do you think the muscles rubbing up against the healed bones are causing the pain. Docs seem to now know why I could be in this pain. Any thoughts?
Tue, 10 Sep 2019