What causes severe pain in the right hip and leg?

I m experiencing severe pain in my right hip, leg and foot. I also have frequent urination. I take pain med and it s relieved but returns. This has been going for months. Sometime I get relief from a steroid shot but it doesn t last long. I quit taking my cholesterol med because I thought maybe the statin was causing some of my pain. I m a 55 year old male, I m a smoker, I have high cholesterling and blood pressure.
Fri, 7 Dec 2018

The severe hip pain with radiation to leg may be due to nerve compression over lower spine causing sciatica, blood circulation issues of femur head or else.

The frequent urination sounds to be related to the prostate issue at the age of 55 years, not related to hip and leg pain.

An evaluation with relevant x-ray and ultrasound of prostate with kidney, ureter, and bladder would be proving as final diagnostic tools in your case for best possible management.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Purva Patel,