What causes severe pain in the right arm after cutting down a large bush?

Hi - I am a 54 year old male. Last night I cut down a large bush and for about an hour clipped it into small pieces using a hand held clipper. Afterwards I felt fine and then I took some clothes from clothes dryer and shook out a pair of jeans. My right hand, the one I was using to clip up the tree branches, suddenly had a bad paid in the middle of the hand and on the top side. Today it continues to hurt and there is now a red, bump in that spot. I can grip with it, but the pain is the worst when I splay all my fingers and try to raise them upward . . . Not sure if I could have broken something . . . Thanks for any help you can provide
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Dear due long holding may lead to tendinitis of joint lead to swelling. You may need to take rest and don't that joint for few days, use cold and warm compression. If symptoms not improved use NSAIDs for pain relief. Still not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu