Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
155 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes severe pain in the pelvic area?

HI and thank you . I am 60 years . I have begun to experience terrible pain , when I begin to become aroused . The pain is in left pelvic area and sometimes causes me to fold over in agony . My ob/gyn says this is normal but I have never heard of this . And it is effecting my relationship with my husband .
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I advice you to do transvaginal USG and USG abdomen and pelvis. Vaginal and cervical swab culture and PAP smear test. As all this is important in your case and at your age. Follow up with the reports for specific treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am having a lot of pain in my pelvic region radiating to the pubic bone and back toward the buttocks. I have had a total hysterectomy 20 years...