What causes severe pain in the mouth and white bumps on the tongue?

My 8 year old granddaughter is in extreme mouth pain she has white bumbps or blisters on her tongue she has had it for 3 days. Her highest temp was 101 looks like canker soars or fever blisters no sign of going away/ Dr Perscrip moxicillan she started taking last night she is not able to eat except scrambled egg when she even eats.
Fri, 1 Jun 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

From your explanation it looks like fever blisters only and it is a viral infection leading to sores in mouth along with fever.
It is Viral Stomatitis.
Viral infection is commonly self resolving and can take upto 2 weeks to get better.
You can however consult a Paediatric dentist and get her evaluated and a blood test and oral swab culture can be done for confirmation.
If it is viral infection she can be advised numbing gel like Lidocaine to reduce pain as well as do cool compresses.
A course of antiviral medicines like Acyclovir can also be advised.
Paracetamol can be given to reduce fever.
Give him bland foods and plenty of water along with sufficient rest.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Honey Arora