What causes severe pain in the leg upon standing after a calf muscle injury?

Tore a muscle in calf 3 weeks ago . Have slight range of motion back but still can t bend leg , which I know will take a while. Anyway my problem is that sometimes when I stand up the pain is excruciating but as soon as I elevate again it goes away . Just curious as to what is happening when that occurs . Thank you
Wed, 11 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

After an injury the muscle can take 4-6 weeks to heal completely with proper rest. Cramps can cause this pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.