What causes severe pain in the ear of a child with inserted grommet?

My child is 7 years old and had grommets put in. we went on holiday recently to the beach. we have returned home and he is not crying and complaining of a ear ache. what can I do? I gave him half a Panado and put in 4 drops of Cilodex and He is still crying
Tue, 12 Feb 2019
Oncologist 's  Response

Grommets. Grommets are tubes inserted into the eardrum after repeated ear infections which cause 'glue ear'. Glue ear is caused by a build-up of fluid in the inner ear that tends to get thick and sticky if it persists for long enough. This often happens with frequent ear infections.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Esmeralda Sera, Oncologist