What causes severe nausea and vomiting along with flank pain?

I am a white, male, 46 yrs, have been sick for 9 days in and out of the ER and they do not know for sure what is wrong with me. I have severe nausea, and vomiting, flank pain on my posterior left side, severe at times 7/10, intermittent chills and severe sweating, soaking my clothes and bed sheets completely , my vitals are stable with the occasional increased BP, from pain I am assuming. my temp hasn t gotten above 99.7, nothing seems to be helping. They have me on Zofran, and Norco, which only seem to dull the symptoms, for brief periods. I do not have any co morbidities, I take no daily meds before this started.
Mon, 14 Jan 2019

You should undergo urine complete, TLC, DLC, ESR, CRP to rule out urine infection and pyelonephritis. Also, undergo ultrasound abdomen to rule stone or kidney problem. For pain antispasmodic as drotoverine.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Varinder Joshi , General & Family Physician