What causes severe menstrual cramps and intermenstrual vaginal spotting?

Hello, my 23 year old daughter has severe cramps the first 4 or 5 days of her period. Her period last 7-8 days. After he period is finished 3-4 days later she starts spotting a dirty blood color along with fresh blood. The last two days her tampons are having a hard time staying in, they are wet but not just with blood. she has had to urinate more that last few days as well. any thoughts??
Thu, 9 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is clear that your daughter is bleeding more than normal and seems like a coagulation problem. I would recommend you to do coagulation tests , platelete count, tests for factors VIII ,IX and von Willebrand, and fibrinogen. Also you can set an appointment with a haematologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.