What causes severe headaches in the back of the head?

I am 52 female. I ve been having severe headaches in the back of my head about every other day/night. I have never had a headache in the back of my head and it feels like my head is fixing to explode, sharp, constant, horrific pain. Nothing helps and they last anywhere from 30 to 3 hrs. I ve had a tumor removed 5/2017 that was vulvar cancer, then 3 lymph nodes in groin 6/17, that were cancer, then 5/11/18 had 10 more nodes removed with a robotic arm. Never had high blood pressure until the past year and only when I go to Dr not when I take it myself, like at CVS. I am not on blood pressure meds either.
Wed, 19 Sep 2018
Neurologist 's  Response

If these headaches started from a baseline status of zero headaches and suddenly had the characteristic of being present in the same place at the same intensity and nothing seems to help then, you may have acquired a type of a headache known as the new persistent daily headache.

It is a type of chronic daily headache which occurs most frequently in your age group. These are different from tension-type headaches or migraines. They are challenging to treat.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dariush Saghafi,
Neurologist