What causes severe headache and pain in eyes with lack of vision after a cataract surgery?

Hi ,

My Dad got operated for catract few days back and post catract he is expereincing severe headache and pain in the eyes and no vision.Upon consulting the doctor he informed that it was due to intraoptic pressure and a mild corneal odema, no cells and no ccc.My dad has undergone diabetic retinopathy before and is of 57 years. Should i be panic about this. Could please let me know why he is experiencing impared vision.

Tue, 11 Nov 2014