• question-icon

What causes severe headache and ear pain when exposed to sunlight?

Why do I get severe headache (always) and ear pain (at times) when i am exposed to direct sunlight even for just couple of minutes? I used to play tennis in the sun for hours together til 6-7 yrs back. Am 24yrs old. Is this anything to do with a sun stroke.
Thu, 21 Nov 2019

It can be migraine, which is due to many triggering factors. One among that is direct exposure to sunlight.

My advice would be

1. Do yoga
2. Stretching exercises
3. Local heat & neck massage
4. Finally, analgesics.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Yogapriya Vasudevan, General & Family Physician