Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
123 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes severe earache?

me wife is a 82 Year old female with a bad ear ache. She is never sick or complain about pain and is hard headed about taking anything are going to a doctor. It just started last night. It throbs and hurts bad, and she get unstable when she walks. I did get here to but some warm olive oil in it along with a heating pad. No help!! Is there anything I can do at the house/
Wed, 5 Dec 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The symptoms of your wife seem to be related to an ear infection.

I recommend using anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen.

I also recommend using antibiotic ear drops for local treatment.

If the symptoms continue oral antibiotics may be needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi,
General & Family Physician

I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I ve had issues with stabbing ear pain over the years, my doctor s never see anything wrong. It is not a constant pain, but, strikes like...