What causes severe burning sensation in the foot?

Hi, I had 2 Morton s neuroma removed from my left foot two weeks ago and I am still feeling extreme burning in my foot. I feel it most of the time even though I have been very disciplined in the last two weeks and barely walked on my foot. I have been keeping my foot elevated most of the time (except at night as I can t sleep on my back). My foot is very bruised and I still cannot feel my toes. The nurse gave me some antibiotics (I have been unable to reach my doctor) but it has not reduced the brusing or the burning sensation. My foot is still very swollen. I don t have a fever. Any thoughts? Thanks
Wed, 12 Sep 2018
Oncologist 's  Response

Severe burning sensation in foot can be cause by peripheral neuropathy. Take Pregabalin tablets twice daily for 3 months. Also apply anti-inflammatory ointment locally.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Monish De, Oncologist