What causes severe bloating and pain in the lower abdomen?

For the past seven weeks.I have been suffering from extreme upper bloating and occasional lower abdominal pain. I had a CT scan in the ER three weeks ago, which showed Pleurisy and diverticulitis. Took anibiotics for 10 days, lungs cleared up but still have bloating/gas. Have seen two gastro doctors, had blood, urine, Gastric Emptying and Upper GI series tests. All normal. Second doctor put me on Hyoscyamine. Taking for three days, hasn t helped at all. Going for another CT scan tomorrow. Can the diverticulitis be causing upper stomach bloating, or are the doctors right in diagnosing IBS? Then which drug might help? This is really difficult to deal with. Thanks.
Fri, 7 Dec 2018

In the case of persistent ongoing pain, I recommend patient to get hospitalized for the primary care with
- intravenous fluids
- intravenous proton pump inhibitors as omeprazole or pantoprazole
- It is the better covering of pain with analgesic as tramadol hydrochloride or else as per the physician choice.

X-ray of the abdomen & standing would be of immense help to follow up of the progress of any intestine motility-related issue as developing obstruction or else.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Purva Patel,