What causes severe backache and numbness in the leg?

I have had some severe back pain that it is so hard to walk or lie down on my back. Lately I have been unable to stand up straight cause it cause more pain in my back and causes my legs to go numb. What could be wrong and how can I make myself comfortable to sleep?
Fri, 22 Jun 2018
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I have understood your concern about pain and stiffness in the back, see there may be many cause for back pain, like spasms of back muscles, injury to muscles of back, over activity, heavy weight lifting, that may cause compression or irritations to nerve roots of spinal cord, that may give raise to tingling, numbness and parasympathesia.
So my advice is to go for Physiotherapy treatment and take traction and Lift therapy for 15 days.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

You are possibly having prolapsed inter-vertebral disc. Disc which protrudes compresses your spinal cord and nerves which causes pain , numbness and tingling sensation in the leg. Get an MRI done.

Hope I have answered your query.