What causes severe abdominal pain ?

Had blood tests and ultrasound done for abd pain - found nothing. Have now got it into my head that I have hodgins disease because i am also slightly itchy
Tue, 10 Apr 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM,
You are presuming a big ailment for no obvious reason at all. The common symptoms of Hodgkin's disease are generalised lymph node enlargement, may be weight loss and hepatosplenomegaly. It has to be proved by special tests like immunohistochemistry on biopsy samples.
Itching is totally unrelated to this. If you had cholestasis causing itching, it would have been detected by ultrasound. it would be helpful to have a gastroenterologist work up with endoscopy if the pain is too much and tests like those for typhoid etc.