• question-icon

What causes seizures?

Hi, I am a thirty year old female. I suffer from debilitating anxiety and panic attacks. As a child, I had 2 febral seizures. A few days ago i felt a little off all day (faint, back pain and chest pain,very anxious, terrible migraine) and ended up having a grand mal seizure. I went to the er and they did a CAT scan, blood work, a urine sample, and EKG. All were normal. I had taken zanaflex about an hour before i went into the seizure. Is it possible zanaflex could have caused it? I am going to see a neurologist soon but just wanted a professional s opinion, Im very worried, and having anxiety as it is, Im under a great deal of stress. What is your opinion? Thank you for your time. -Whitney
Thu, 4 Sep 2014
HI
Well come to HCM
Chances of seizure is not likely but this could be hysteric attack, because of the anxiety and depression and this may not be treated as a epileptic seizure, in my opinion its advisable to consult the neurophysician, and EEG would be needed hope this helps.