Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
160 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes scaly patch of skin on the earlobe with a painful lump?

I had a sort if flaky scaly patch of skin on my earlobe, it wasn t too big but when I tried peeling the skin off it make it all sore even when I m not touching it, its red now and I ve noticed a spot like lump but it was too dark to see if there were anymore, what could this be? Shall I see my doctor?
Mon, 8 Dec 2014
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

Yes, it seems the lesion needs to be clinically assessed by a Dermatologist for a proper diagnosis, and appropriate management. Therefore, I would advise you to see your family physician or a dermatologist early for a solution to the problem.

I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.

Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. I wish you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a small lump that I have just recently noticed under my skin right above my stretched/gauged earlobe. It isn t noticeable to the eye, even...