What causes scalp infection?

I am a 21 year old female. I ve suffered from my issue since maybe...13 or so. My issue is, I get these spots on my scalp and if I puck at them... Sometimes they leak clear fluids, i can get a yellow tiny stone like thing, some blood, a scab, or a white flake. It just depends. Head and shoulders do not help and I m seeking some over the counter medication but don t know what to really look for or what my condition is really called.
Sat, 10 Sep 2016
Hi
Thanks for posting on HCM
What you describe sound like a scalp infection probably of fungal origin.Bacteria scalp infections are however common but the difference here is that their presentation will be more or less acute and will need a quick medical anttention. Given the duration of your symptoms, fungal scalp infections are more likely to be the cause.I will however suggest you see a Dermatologist to judge the need for an anti-fungi like micozal cream.If treatment is still challenging, a lesion biopsy and analysis may help with anti-fungi or antibiotic sensitivity sensitivity testing depending on the diagnostic orientation of the Doctor.
I will also recommend good hair hygiene and washing of hair with an antiseptic solution like cyteal.
Hope my answer will help you
Best regards