• question-icon

What causes scabies on the body?

Hello, my 7 yr. old wets the bed. And I was wondering with her bed being wet on so many times does that cause scabies to be in the bed and then will they bite her. she has had a rash for a good while now and I thought it was an allergic reaction to a detergent I was using. so i changed to a more genteler detergent but her symtoms are still around. it is on her stomach, back, neck, elbow increases, bottom, and hand areas. Please help me does she have scabies?
Tue, 5 May 2015
hi,
Scabies is a contagious skin disease cause by a tiny mite Sarcoptes scabiei which is invisible to naked eye.
It characteristically burrows the skin causing an allergic response. It affects area of the finger webs, feet, ventral wrists, elbows, back, buttocks, and external genitals.
It causes itching and rashes.
Kindly consult a dermatologist regarding the treatment with permethrin topical solution or Ivermectin.

However, it may not be scabies, it may be a bed bug biting her, so kindly wash the bedding in hot water and disinfect it and keep the bed out in the sun before using it again.

Thanks