What causes scabies infection?

I went to a dr. He said he's sure I have a case do scabies?? How would I have contact it I live alone don't go out much , I checked my 2 grandchildren they are fine ?? And after applying the cream he game & then 7 days later again is it going to go away , and if I am confined to be home now ???
Tue, 1 Apr 2014
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
scabies is caused due to itch mite commonly called,, its the infestations of mite,,,, wind can blow the mites,,,, can infest in beddings, lenins , n wooden furnitures also.... compromise in hygiene can lead to infection...u need to continue tretament for 21 days,,, recurrence is possible,,

common predisposed in overcrowding,,, hostels,,

feel free to post any query,,
regards,
Dr Shyamala