• question-icon

What causes respiratory distress ?

I experience respiratory distress symptoms (SOB, decreased O2, voice changes) when I am exposed to perfumes and a few other strong oders and flying dust/dirt. What could this be a symptoms of?
I am 37 years old, weigh 145, and have no hx of asthma or any other respiratory issues.
Tue, 10 May 2016
Hi thanks for contacting HCM...

Noted when you exposed to particular substance like dust or perfume feeling some respi problems....

You might have allergic inflammation to that allergen....
Try to avoid contact with allergen like dust , perfume etc. ..
Take antihistaminic drug to relieve inflammation...
If needed prophylactically fexofenedine and montelukast can be taken....

Get your CBC done ...to look for eosinophilia.
You can investigate with pulmonary function test to rule out asthma....

Dr.Parth