What causes redness and pain in the ears, sore throat and hot sweats after nose piercing?

Hi, I had a nose piercing done just over 6 weeks ago. 3 days ago I noticed it has became red and painful. I started to develop cold like symptoms with a sore throat, I am also getting hot sweats now. I need some advice on what to do as I’ve read up infected piercings can do this and get serious. Thanks
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Most probably your nose piercing got infected, a bacterial infection. But it is not related to your sore throat or hot sweats. both are different. Use a cold compress over the area.
Don't take out your nose ornament as it increases the infection.
only after the infection subsides, take the ornament out.
For your sore throat take an antibiotic
amoxycillin+clavulinic acid combination 625mg twice daily for 5 days
avoid cold foods, drinks and ac.
Use vaporizer and gargle with salt water daily for 3 times.
consult an ENT if the symptoms persist despite all this.